[Kde-pim] What's up with kdepim*?

Alexander Potashev aspotashev at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 16:52:52 BST 2015

> Le Monday 20 July 2015, 14:39:17 Albert Astals Cid a écrit :
>> El Dilluns, 20 de juliol de 2015, a les 10:38:39, laurent Montel va
> escriure:
>> > Is it possible to add an exception for it for moving quickly in correct
>> > place ?
>>
>> I do not care.
>
> So by default you wrote an email about kdepim problem, we try to find a
> solution and your only answer is "I do not care"

Hi Laurent,

By saying "I do not care" Albert probably meant that he is not solely
responsible to decide if a package can be moved to another module.
This kind of decisions are usually made after public discussions in
kde-core-devel.

Albert can't be responsible for everything, let him do KDE
Applications releases and do them well. Don't expect continuous
assistance with maintaining the whole KDE PIM ecosystem.

If you go to a grocery store and ask how to start a mobile service
provider business, you won't be even told who you need to ask or what
sources to consult. You'll need to work with different government
agencies to start a company, then get an RF band license, make
contracts with other telecommunications companies, etc, and none of
the parties mentioned will tell you what has to be your next step.
Same here: no one has full view on all software developed in KDE, so
please ask relevant people each time.

--
Alexander Potashev