[Kde-pim] configuration in akonadi-next

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Fri Jan 9 11:42:35 GMT 2015

[ Comments below, in-line ]

On 01/09/2015 03:14 AM, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> To be honest with you, I'm not overly concerned about text vs binary config
> file formats. It's a somewhat minor issue. I am, however, concerned about the
> project's ability to make decisions based on actual needs driven by actual
> user practice, and that's a way I'm trying (evidently without success ;) to
> encourage people to approach these kinds of topics.

If the above is the case, then let's leave the config file(s) as human
readable text files.  This means adding useful comments and mnemonic
parameter names.

Software has /moving parts/ and if a config file is one which I can fix
out in the /field/ (not submit a bug, open up a hex editor), then make
it easy for us end users.

Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926         Blog:  http://pablo-blog.blueoakdb.com
iNum:  883.5100.0990.1054