[Kde-pim] Is there interest in a MS Exchange Active Sync Resource ?

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at redhat.com
Wed Feb 18 09:58:24 GMT 2015

On Tuesday, February 17, 2015 08:05:20 AM Martin Koller wrote:
> On Monday 16 February 2015 19:49:45 Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > Martin, would it be possible with a little adaption to not delete the
> > mails from the server? That way I could use it to download mails from
> > inbox in parallel to the IMAP access so whenever IMAP access is broke –
> > which it is quite often (and I attribute much to that to exchange, Akonadi
> > may just be a bit fragile on reconnecting from all the connection
> > dropouts) – I can still have at least the mails in inbox locally.
>
> To not delete the mails is simple, but the problem is to know which mails
> were already downloaded so that I would not download them again and again.
>
> I'd need to check how to do that ...

According to specs each Collection in the Sync response should include a
SyncKey element. If you store value of the SyncKey element in an Akonadi's
Collection attribute (or you can use Akonadi::Collection::remoteRevision -
that what's the property is for actually), on next sync you then pass the
stored SyncKey to the server and you should be given only new messages in
response + a new value of the SyncKey to store in the Collection. This is
similar to what we do in the Google Calendar resource for example.

Cheers,
Dan

--
Daniel Vrátil | dvratil at redhat.com | dvratil on #kde-devel, #kontact, #akonadi
Software Engineer - KDE Desktop Team, Red Hat Inc.

GPG Key: 0xC59D614F6F4AE348
Fingerprint: 4EC1 86E3 C54E 0B39 5FDD B5FB C59D 614F 6F4A E348