[Kde-pim] Is there interest in a MS Exchange Active Sync Resource ?

Martin Koller kollix at aon.at
Mon Feb 16 18:31:43 GMT 2015

On Monday 16 February 2015 10:31:54 Martin Steigerwald wrote:

> It downloads 100 random mails each time I tell it for check for mail. That
> works.
>
> But then it also says something about deleting mails from server.
>
> Can this be disabled? I don´t want to delete mails from the server. It
> apparently really deleted those mails from the inbox folder of the server
> from what I can tell from OWA.

yes, that's correct. This resource is a mail _download_ resource only, like
a pop resource, and it always deletes the downloaded mails from the Server.
It's not synchronizing the Exchange Server with some local storage.

> Funnily on moving them back from the local
> folder, its seems Akonadi duplicates. I have them in Exchange and local
> folders then as well. On moving they should be deleted from local folders.
> I will delete them locally once I confirmed they are really back in
> Exchange.
>
> Also it just downloads from inbox it seems.

That's also correct.

> Its resource that just downloads mail locally, is it?

yes

> I expected something that I could use as
> replacement for Exchange IMAP access, but this seems more like POP3 access
> with deleting.

correct

> Anyway, basically it works and it receives mails via AirSync through
> Juniper SSLVPN, so thats quite nice.
>
> Thanks,

you're welcome

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin
A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
Q: Why is top posting bad?

/\                        - against proprietary attachments

Geschenkideen, Accessoires, Seifen, Kulinarisches: www.lillehus.at