[Kde-pim] Debugging KMail

Ovidiu-Florin BOGDAN ovidiu.b13 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 10:13:31 GMT 2015

În ziua de Sunday 20 December 2015, la 11:54:17, Daniel Vrátil a scris:
> On Sunday, December 20, 2015 2:14:05 AM CET Ovidiu-Florin BOGDAN wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've finally managed to compile kdepim with kdesrc-build and now I'm trying
> > to set up a test account in KMail so I can fix some bugs, but there are a
> > few things I can't figure out:
> >
> > How do I set it to use another instance of akonadi instead of the one I have
> > running by default?
>
> You can run another instance of Akonadi by using
>
> 	akonadictl --instance test start
>
> Then start KMail (or any other Akonadi-based application) by settings
> AKONADI_INSTANCE environment variable:
>
> 	AKONADI_INSTANCE=test kmail
Thank you

> > When I've started it and added an account, the account did not show on the
> > left pane, but it's present in the KMail settings and it looks ok.
>
> The account really appears once the folder sync begins, so hitting "Check
> mail" should start the initial collection sync and make the folder appear.
I've tried that. on master, they still don't show, even after a full sync has finished. Is this a bug in master, or a missconfiguration on my part?

*Ovidiu-Florin Bogdan*
GeekAliens.com[1]
Kubuntu Romania Representative[2]
_Kubuntu Council Member_