[Kde-pim] Creating simple build instructions for kdepim (Was: Creating a kdepim git meta repo)

John Layt jlayt at kde.org
Sun Aug 16 14:50:43 BST 2015

On 16 August 2015 at 12:14, Sergio Martins <iamsergio at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's easier if you have that config file, harder if you don't.
> So lets go the kdesrc route, it's better than my initial suggestion.
>
> I think we need:
> - to integrated that config file upstream
> - update https://community.kde.org/KDE_PIM/Development/Start
>
> Thanks John for volunteering! As I'm not a kdesrc user I'll be a good tester
> for your build instructions.

Well, I've really only started using it so I'm not sure myself how to
use it, hence my noticing the missing docs. I've actually started
re-writing the entire TechBase Getting Started pages for KF5 using
kdesrc-build[1], nothing like a bit of procrastination from trying to
sort out time zones in kcalcore :-)

John.

[1] https://techbase.kde.org/KF5/Getting_Started