[Kde-pim] Replacement for KDateTime

Sergio Martins iamsergio at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 21:06:44 BST 2015

On Sunday, August 09, 2015 20:51:53 John Layt wrote:
> On 9 August 2015 at 20:42, Sergio Martins <iamsergio at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sunday, August 09, 2015 20:23:41 John Layt wrote:
> > > Anyway, if you want any help from me in doing any of this, grab me now
> > > while I have 2 weeks holiday and some time to spare. Do you have a
> > > branch
> > > in the repo that this is happening in?
> >
> > There's no branch for this yet, feel free to create it (in kcalcore.git,
> > kdepim.git, kdepim-runtime.git, kcalutils.git and akonadi-calendar.git).
>
> OK, next bout of insomnia I might try a few experiments.
>
> > As for freeze date, I don't think there's any deadline. We'll release
> > KCalCore
> > whenever it's ready.
>
> I'm confused now, I thought it was announced we were releasing a KF5 based
> version of KDEPIM next time around? Or is that still using kdelibs4support?
> In which case we'll have a standalone KF5 KCalCore released using KDateTime
> in the api, with a later version not using it? Or what?

We are releasing the applications (branch Applications/15.08, already frozen)
but the libraries are just a private implementation detail at this time,
there's no kf5 kdepim libraries release, no ABI or source compat promisses.

Feel free to use master for trivial stuff such as replacing isDateOnly() with
event->dateOnly(), maybe create branches only when starting to port timezone
code.

Regards,
Sérgio Martins