[Kde-pim] Phabricator Project Setup

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Wed Aug 26 18:58:08 BST 2015

Hello,

On Wednesday 26 August 2015 09:51:09 Volker Krause wrote:
> Two more questions that came up:
>
> - How do we handle the "done" tasks? Laurent apparently already found a way
> to make them disappear, which definitely will come in handy. I was thinking
> of having a "Done" column for every currently maintained versions (ie.
> 15.08 and 15.12 or whatever the next one will be), so we can use those to
> generate changelogs for releases, and then remove those columns after the
> release?
>
> Kanban Kevin, I'm especially looking for your input on this :)

I would go for a unique Done column no need to make it more complex with the
"by version". If you want something by version it should be separate lanes
(but Phab or Kanboard can't do that) or separate boards.

> - So far I just have been dumping a few entries of my todo list in there,
> with limited amount of details, for my own use. If there is interest in
> more details for others to pick up tasks, I'm happy to do that as well of
> course, all my tasks in the backlog column aren't started yet and could
> just as well be picked up by somebody else.

Not saying you should, totally depends on your context, but one thing to
consider is the option of having a "Refine" stage in between. So that you can
enter with low details when you get the idea, and when someone wants to pick
it up he'll first "refine" it by logging more data in there, getting feedback
on the direction, etc. Only then the coding starts.

I find it strikes a nice balance between "not putting too much work to enter
an item" and "having proper knowledge sharing in the team to start something".

Your call.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net