[Kde-pim] akonadi process memory usage

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Wed Apr 15 16:11:03 BST 2015

On Monday 09 March 2015 20:54:44 Mathieu Jobin wrote:
> hello,
>
> I have an akonadi process taking 4GB of ram, which says its all in the Heap.
> should anyone be interested, I can provide more information upon request.
>
> it's been growing steadily overtime. not suddenly
>
> running since Feb20, most of it is all in the Heap

Hey there,

can you reproduce this? If so, please install debug symbols for akonadi and
then try to attach e.g. heaptrack to the running akonadi_imap_resource process
and make the resulting heaptrack.akonadi_imap_resource.$$$.gz file available
to us.

See http://milianw.de/blog/heaptrack-a-heap-memory-profiler-for-linux
and http://milianw.de/blog/heaptrack-attaching-to-running-process for more
information. If you have any questions or trouble running heaptrack please let
me know.

Bye
--
Milian Wolff