[Kde-pim] KF5-QT5 branchgroup - jobs that need developeer attention

Marko Käning mk-lists at email.de
Thu Apr 16 00:53:57 BST 2015

Hi Daniel,

On 16 Apr 2015, at 01:30 , Scarlett Clark <sgclark at kubuntu.org> wrote:
> Marko, Please look below and test this for us, thanks!

I did…

> That's what I was wondering too, but I understand the problem now - it
> seems that
> file called "exception" is generated in kdepimlibs build tree, which
> clashes with
> system "exception" header file. The generated "exception" file should
> however be
> called "Exception" - this works on Linux as expected, and I have no idea
> why on
> OSX the file has a lowercase name.
Ha, funny, we had something like that with Phonon and phonon a while ago... The case matters on
Linux, but OSX is usually using a non-case-sensitive file system. :) Nice catch!

> Would you or someone else from the OSX CI team be able to run the
> attached CMake
> script on OSX, just to confirm this is not a CMake/ECM bug?
>
> Just run
>
> cmake -P osxtest.cmake
>
> and send me the output. The script requires extra-cmake-modules to be
> installed
> on the system (so that CMake can find it).
>
> It should generate 4 files and print "PASS". Otherwise that mean we
> found a bug in
> CMake ;-)
Here we are:
---
MVM2:P9-Sharing-temp marko$ CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=/opt/kde/install/darwin/mavericks/clang/kf5-qt5/kdesupport/extra-cmake-modules/inst/share/ECM /opt/kde/install/darwin/mavericks/clang/shared/general/cmake/bin/cmake -P osxtest.cmake
-- ## Created header file /Volumes/SharedFolders/Sharing/P9-Sharing-temp/myheader.h
-- ## Created header file /Volumes/SharedFolders/Sharing/P9-Sharing-temp/exception.h
-- ## Running ecm_generate_headers()
-- ## ecm_generate_headers() reports file /Volumes/SharedFolders/Sharing/P9-Sharing-temp/MyHeader
-- 	Found generated file /Volumes/SharedFolders/Sharing/P9-Sharing-temp/MyHeader
-- ## ecm_generate_headers() reports file /Volumes/SharedFolders/Sharing/P9-Sharing-temp/Exception
-- 	Found generated file /Volumes/SharedFolders/Sharing/P9-Sharing-temp/Exception
-- ## PASS
---

So, what's next?

Greets,