[Kde-pim] KMail hallucinates mails in "account" folder

Mara Raram marararam at gmx.net
Wed Sep 24 13:20:34 BST 2014

Hello kdepim,

As I got no real help from kdepim-users, I'm trying my luck here.

Since recently KMail shows me a count of 1'000 (exactly) messages in the
"top folder" of my IMAP account (see attached screenshot). This "folder"
represents the mail account, I do not think there should nor could ever
exist any messages there.

Alas, this is not cosmetic. The automatic archiving does not work
anymore. While I can archive any folder of the account seperately,
archiving the whole account fails with an error message (translated back
from German):

Folder "imap-1" could not be archived. Downloading of a message to
folder "imap-1" failed.

(Der Ordner „imap-1“ kann nicht archiviert werden. Das Herunterladen
einer Nachricht in den Ordner „imap-1“ ist fehlgeschlagen.)

Any help in fixing this problem?

This is KDE 4.14.1 from the KDE:Current repository on opensuse 12.3

The mail account is offline IMAP with STARTTLS, the IMAP server is
Novell Groupwise.

Any help in how to resolve this problem would be appreciated.

Regards
Mara