[Kde-pim] Killing kpimutils framework

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at redhat.com
Tue Sep 30 08:39:58 BST 2014

On Monday 29 of September 2014 19:20:22 you wrote:
> Le lundi 29 septembre 2014 13:42:17 Daniel Vratil a écrit :
> > Hi,
> > ProgressIndicatorLabel and ProgressIndicatorWidget - widgets that show a
> > spinner animation and a label when you call start() on it, and hides when
> > you call stop() - we though it could be moved to KWidgetAddons, but
> > unfortunatelly it requires KIconLoader from KIconTheme (Tier 3) framework
> > to be able to load progressindicator icon/animation from /usr/share/icons,
> > so for now we move it to kdepim/pimcommon/widgets (since it's only used in
> > KDE PIM apps), and try to figure out what to do with that later.
>
> We can't move to kdepim/pimcommon because it's used in kdepim-runtime too =>
> accountwizard (otherwise I didn't add it in kdepimlibs :) )

Well, there's one reference to ProgressIndicatorLabel (btw have you noticed
that ProgressIndicatorLabel is a QWidget and ProgressIndicatorWidget is a
QLabel...?  :-)) - we can either really really really try to move the widget
to KWidgetsAddons, or I would just copy the code to AccountWizard and
reimplement it using KPixmapSequenceWidget, which already does what
ProgressIndicatorLabel does, minus the QLabel label -> that's why I'm not even
sure we need this as a dedicated widget.

--
Daniel Vrátil | dvratil at redhat.com | dvratil on #kde-devel, #kontact, #akonadi
Associate Software Engineer

GPG Key: 0xC59D614F6F4AE348
Fingerprint: 4EC1 86E3 C54E 0B39 5FDD B5FB C59D 614F 6F4A E348