[Kde-pim] Releasing KPeople under KF5

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Thu Oct 30 02:50:17 GMT 2014

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 12:39 AM, Sandro Knauß <mail at sandroknauss.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Is there some pushing development planned for KAbc? Do we have any
> > time-frame for a release?
> from my knowlege base there is no ETA for KAbc will be release it first KF5
> framework version, but master is switched to frameworks and it buildable :)
>
> I think ETA of KF5 versions will be discussed at Pim Sprint in Munic next
> month.

Sure, I can wait. I was under the impression most of the KDE PIM developers
won't be there anyway, but ok.

> > If there's some tasks that need to be done, I could even find some time
> > look into them.
>
> I see only one issue from fast poking into the code:
> * There are copys of KLDAP files inside it (ldif.*, ldapdn.*).  "A tempory
> solution since 2010 :)"
>
> But with your Telepathy/KPeople hat on, there are may be things that should
> the part of KAbc.

Well, as you'll understand I'm not asking for tasks to do, I was saying I
can help if there's some important task to be done that needs to be sorted
out in KAbc or that would make KAbc un-releasable until it's done.

Aleix