[Kde-pim] kdepim in KDE Applications 14.12

David Jarvie djarvie at kde.org
Fri Oct 31 11:47:57 GMT 2014

On Thu, October 30, 2014 8:24 pm, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> El Dijous, 30 d'octubre de 2014, a les 20:41:43, laurent Montel va
> escriure:
>> Le Thursday 30 October 2014 20:16:23 Albert Astals Cid a écrit :
>> > El Dijous, 30 d'octubre de 2014, a les 13:36:28, Kevin Ottens va
>> escriure:
>> should

>> or

>> new

>> discontinued?
>> >
>> > Correct.

>> one
>> >
>> > One thing is that by continuing to ship 4.14 branch (instead of a new
>> > 14.12) we'd highlight more than this is pure maintaince instead of
>> "any
>> > new feature".
>> >
>> > For example for kdelibs we're just going to ship KDE/4.14.
>> >
>> > Now the question, is kdepim* not based in kf5 going to be pure
>> maintiance
>> > for now?
>>
>> No dev until now just maintiance.
>
> If it's going to be just maintaince i think i actually prefer not having
> a14.12 branch and just using a longer lived KDE/4.14
>
> Is that fine for you guys?

Until all the kdepim applications are released for kf5, I don't think that
the KDE 4 branch should be restricted to maintenance only. Presumably not
all applications will be ready for kf5 at the same time, and 'later'
applications might need to introduce minor new features or string changes
in the meantime for KDE 4, before they are ready for kf5.

--
David Jarvie.
KDE developer.