[Kde-pim] KDE PIM depends on AkonadiSearch

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at redhat.com
Fri Nov 7 09:08:36 GMT 2014

On Thursday 06 of November 2014 18:48:30 laurent Montel wrote:
> Le Thursday 06 November 2014 18:20:06 Aleix Pol a écrit :
> > Hi,
> > While trying to get kdepim to compile I found that it depends on
> > AkonadiSearch, which is in playground.
> >
> > Is this known?
>
> Yes it's know.
> When baloo was splitted it was move in this directory.
> I don't know why it put in playground.
> But we will move to a correct repository before release :)

The plan is that Akonadi Framework will implement it's own index & search,
based more or less on what's in akonadi-search, so in the end the akonadi-
search repo will most probably die before the first release of Akonadi
Framework.

Dan

> Regards
>
> > It's not a good idea to depend on playground for obvious
> > reasons...
> > Aleix

Daniel Vrátil | dvratil at redhat.com | dvratil on #kde-devel, #kontact, #akonadi
Software Engineer - KDE Desktop Team, Red Hat Inc.

GPG Key: 0xC59D614F6F4AE348
Fingerprint: 4EC1 86E3 C54E 0B39 5FDD B5FB C59D 614F 6F4A E348