[Kde-pim] PIM Sprint report: Akonadi Next

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 13:34:12 GMT 2014

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 1:16 PM, Daniel Vrátil <dvratil at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday 26 of November 2014 12:36:56 Milian Wolff wrote:
> > On Wednesday 26 November 2014 10:46:18 Daniel Vrátil wrote:
>
> > What is Plasma, Ktp, ... actually using from Akonadi?
>
> Plasma needs it for the calendar applet (it's getting a bit annoying that
> on
> almost every promo screenshot we are showing off our new awesome beautiful
> calendar applet without admitting it actually can't show anything except
> for
> current date). KTp uses KPeople, which has an Akonadi backend to get more
> info
> about metacontacts.

Just to clarify - Plasma's promo with the non-working agenda was only in
the pre-5.0 era,
the agenda part itself was removed for 5.0 and it is not back in yet. Now
it's basically
just a calendar grid :) But yeah the agenda part will be back once we have
support.

KTp/KPeople also has a proof-of-concept of contact editing, which makes the
edited
contacts store in akonadi (as not all sources are writeable, so we store it
locally
where it's not possible to do direct write to the source).

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer