[Kde-pim] How to force sync to disk

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at redhat.com
Tue Nov 18 15:03:23 GMT 2014

On Monday 17 of November 2014 13:20:16 Rigo Wenning wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I expired a larger imap folder with kmail2 into a new local folder. But
> I don't see any message being synchronized into the local folder despite
> having told akonadi to synchronize (in kmail2 AND akonadiconsole) How
> can I force akonadi to write the cache to disk?

Hi,

Akonadi -> storage (maildir, IMAP, ...) sync is immediate and automatic, and
there is no way to trigger it manually (the "Synchronization" you refer to is
another process, which is only one-way: from storage to Akonadi).

If all the emails are in Akonadi (i.e. you can browse them in KMail), but they
have not been written to ~/.local/mail (or wherever your Local Folders are
pointed to), then you've hit one of the "large move" bugs. Basically the data
are only stored in Akonadi at this point and will never be written to the
actual storage. The only thing you can do at this point is to select all
messages in the folder and Save them to .mbox file, then try to import them
again.

There's also a bug report about this somewhere in bugzilla.

Daniel

--
Daniel Vrátil | dvratil at redhat.com | dvratil on #kde-devel, #kontact, #akonadi
Software Engineer - KDE Desktop Team, Red Hat Inc.

GPG Key: 0xC59D614F6F4AE348
Fingerprint: 4EC1 86E3 C54E 0B39 5FDD B5FB C59D 614F 6F4A E348