[Kde-pim] How to force sync to disk

Martin Steigerwald Martin at lichtvoll.de
Tue Nov 18 08:38:19 GMT 2014

Am Montag, 17. November 2014, 13:20:16 schrieb Rigo Wenning:
> hi all,

Hi Rigo,

> I expired a larger imap folder with kmail2 into a new local folder. But
> I don't see any message being synchronized into the local folder despite
> having told akonadi to synchronize (in kmail2 AND akonadiconsole) How
> can I force akonadi to write the cache to disk?

I bet Akonadi as already written it to disk. Look in
~/.local/share/akonadi/file_db_data – I think it may also be that (small) mails
are cached in MySQL database itself.

I am not aware of a command I can use to tell Akonadi to flush out file_db_data
to final location, but I think usually Akonadi will do so after a while. I
think to recall that there is a hard coded timeout for this.

Maybe a developer can shed more light on this.

And yes, I have been confused by this as well already.

Also this is more user related question which may be more approbiate for
kdepim-users mailing list.

Ciao,