[Kde-pim] Address Query with ContactSearchJob in KDE 4.13.0

Klaas Freitag freitag at kde.org
Thu May 1 18:33:55 BST 2014

On 01.05.2014 17:47, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Monday, 2014-04-28, 09:17:19, Daniel Vrátil wrote:
>> On Saturday 26 of April 2014 13:44:03 Klaas Freitag wrote:

>> Baloo does not index contact UID, so you won't get any matches :-)
>
> But doesn't that break ContactSearchoJob?
It seems to, at least that was my very initial reason to start this thread.

> Will this be fixed or do we intentionally break all applications that have
> been ported from the KABC addressbook interface?
Yes, that's the question, yet I don't how many apps are using it. For
me, however, Dans advise to use the GID search works nicely, after a
first test. And if I understand correctly it works without indexing of
nepomuk or baloo. That is good because at least with Nepomuk users often
switched the indexing off so that the contact searching did not work.

regards,

Klaas