[Kde-pim] Can there ever not be a KMKernel?

Jonathan Marten jjm2 at keelhaul.demon.co.uk
Sun May 4 13:59:47 BST 2014

I've been looking at how KMail stores its configuration for the
Akonadi agents that it manages for receiving accounts - check mail on
startup, offline on exit etc.  This is used by KMKernel and the GUI is
in configuredialog/configureaccountpage.cpp.  What doesn't seem to
make sense is that in that file, in AccountsPage::ReceivingTab::save
and AccountsPageReceivingTab::slotShowMailCheckMenu, there is code to
handle the case where no KMKernel exists and access the kmail2rc
config file directly.

Can this situation ever happen?  I've looked at and tried out all of
the possible ways to get to the KMail settings, including via Kontact,
and a KMKernel always exists at this point.  If it is possible to
always rely on the presence of a KMKernel, then this code could be
cleaned up and some duplication eliminated.

Kind regards, Jonathan

--
Jonathan Marten                         http://www.keelhaul.demon.co.uk
Twickenham, UK                          jjm2 at keelhaul.demon.co.uk