[Kde-pim] Contacts tag storage

Jonathan Marten jjm2 at keelhaul.demon.co.uk
Sat May 10 12:13:42 BST 2014

I've been looking at the contact categories (tag) storage, since that
is a problem that is currently affecting myself and others - see bugs
331896, 332358, 333899, 333900 and maybe others.

The root cause of the problem seems to be that categories are now
stored in the VCF files as Akonadi URLs instead of names, as was
previously the case.  Before I go charging ahead to try to find a fix
for this, can someone just confirm that this is intentional design as
a result of the Baloo migration?  The change makes sense from a
storage and data persistence point of view (e.g. rename a tag ->
everything tagged with that automatically gets changed), but there are
obviously some internal<->user conversions that need to be done.

Kind regards,
  Jonathan

--
Jonathan Marten                         http://www.keelhaul.demon.co.uk