[Kde-pim] Synchronizing local subscriptions with the IMAP serverside subscription state

Christian Mollekopf chrigi_1 at fastmail.fm
Wed May 21 14:43:50 BST 2014

Hey,

I reconsidered and just published a blog-post explaining my new proposal:

I won't repeat myself here, so just a couple of notes how this could be
implemented:
* A boolean "ENABLED" attribute
* A boolean "VISIBILITY" attribute
* A boolean "SYNC" attribute

If VISIBILITY and SYNC are not available that indicates, "I don't care follow
what ENABLED says".

What I'd like to achieve is that we can filter directly in the SQL query. This
will be crucial for performance with a large amount of folders.

So a resource could do "LIST (SYNC) ....." and would receive only the
collections that need to be synchronized.

On the other hand an application can do "LIST (VISIBLE) ...." and only get the
collections that should be visible.

(the LIST syntax is made up, you get the idea...)

If required the concept could be extended with an INDEX attribute, but for
starters I suppose it would be enough to index everything that is "ENABLED".

Cheers,
Christian