[Kde-pim] Akonadi mail performance outlook

Jan Kundrát jkt at flaska.net
Mon May 5 12:54:52 BST 2014

On Friday, 2 May 2014 11:28:22 CEST, Daniel Vrátil wrote:
> That's very hard, because in IMAP, you can only query sets of items in
> ascending order (1 being the oldest message), so we can only
> query 1:* (from
> first to last), not *:1.

That depends on what you're syncing. I'll assume this is about syncing
actual immutable data, like the message headers/envelopes/bodies. In that
case, you already know the UIDs and as such you can easily send out
explicit requests for recent UIDs first, and only later request the rest.
The IMAP server is of course free to reorder the incoming FETCHes as it
wishes.

Or are you speaking about getting the list of UIDs? Or is the bottleneck
the FLAGS updates?

Cheers,
Jan

--