[Kde-pim] What is X-KMail-Identity header ?

Martin Koller kollix at aon.at
Mon Mar 24 18:18:44 GMT 2014

What is the mail header X-KMail-Identity used for ?

I'm thinking how I can solve the item removal problems we have in the mbox resource
and I think a way would be to be able to identify each single message in a unique way
(as the current way for the remote ids by using the position inside the file is very bad,
as all remoteIds must be changed whenever an item above it is removed).
Is it allowed to add new headers to mails ?

E.g. I'm thinking about the following: When the mbox resource reads the mbox file,
it checks each mail if a special header exists (let's call it X-Akonadi-Id) and if
not it adds that header and writes all mails back into the mbox file.
The X-Akonadi-Id header would contain some unique id, e.g. the Akonadi::Item id()
--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin
A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
Q: Why is top posting bad?

/\                        - against proprietary attachments

Geschenkideen, Accessoires, Seifen, Kulinarisches: www.bibibest.at