[Kde-pim] Setting and using GIDs

David Jarvie djarvie at kde.org
Thu Mar 20 16:01:38 GMT 2014

On Wednesday 19 Mar 2014 17:14:55 Daniel Vrátil wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 of March 2014 16:57:37 David Jarvie wrote:
> > On Wednesday 19 Mar 2014 15:21:32 Daniel Vrátil wrote:
> > > Christian has added GID for exactly this purpose in KDE 4.12. In case of
> > > events GID == RID (because both GID and RID are iCal UIDs), but in  emails
> > > for example GID == Message-Id and RID == IMAP UID.
> >
> > Yes, that would do the job. Are GIDs fully implemented yet?
>
> Yes, they are. Maybe they are just not documented that much.
>
> > I can't find for example how to fetch items by GID (ItemFetchJob doesn't
> seem to have any GID options),
>
> Just use Item::setGid() to set the GID and pass the item to ItemFetchJob. Note
> that if you want the fetched items to have GID set too, you have to explicitly
> enable that in ItemFetchScope.
>
> > and it doesn't look like many resources set GIDs yet.
>
> GID is automatically extracted by Serializer when the item is being pushed to
> Akonadi for the first time. At least KMime, KCalCore and Adressee serializers
> have this implemented (didn't check others), see GidExtractorInterface.  No
> support for GIDs in Resources is needed.

This sounds great, but I'm having trouble finding the code which sets GIDs for anything except Addressees. That seems to be the only Serializer which implements GidExtractorInterface, and I can't find any other GidExtractorInterface class. How are GIDs set for iCal, for example? I need to implement GIDs for the KAlarm resources.

--
David Jarvie.
KDE developer.