[Kde-pim] Akonadi Commandline Interface Project

Jonathan Marten jjm2 at keelhaul.demon.co.uk
Sat Mar 1 08:35:37 GMT 2014

Kevin Krammer <krammer at kde.org> writes:
> One thing that came to my mind was a bit of refactoring of the current
> prototype.
>
> When designing the first commands I fell into the trap of premature
> optimization, i.e. trying to delay construction of the application object
> until its event loop was really required.
>
> That makes some of the command initialization stuff needlessly complicated,
> because it needs to delay translation, etc.

Probably not really worth trying to do this optimisation.  Although
there is indeed some overhead in constructing the application object,
I'm guessing that this would be negligible in comparison with any
Akonadi work (connecting to the MySQL database, resolving an
item/collection etc).  So if it would make the code less complicated
(not having to be careful when to use i18n/ki18n etc) then go ahead.

Regards, Jonathan

--
Jonathan Marten                         http://www.keelhaul.demon.co.uk
Twickenham, UK                          jjm2 at keelhaul.demon.co.uk