[Kde-pim] iCalendar semantic

Christian Mollekopf chrigi_1 at fastmail.fm
Mon Mar 17 14:15:17 GMT 2014

On Monday 17 March 2014 14.27:26 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Monday, 2014-03-17, 14:17:24, Christian Mollekopf wrote:
> > The resource has only very limited possibilities in treating errors
> > since the client operation is already complete, so it basically can only
> > drop an operation instead of writing it to the backend.
>
> The resource can always modify the data if it needs to, no?

Sure, if the resource can automatically fix the problem and this doesn't lead
to unexpected side effects that is a possibility. I think it should be avoided
as far as possible because you'd want the correction to immediately happen.
Otherwise e.g. an invalid event gets modified at some random point in time
(when the resource tries to synchronize), instead of when the user modified the
event, and IMO that results in a rather unexpected user experience.

Cheers,
Christian