[Kde-pim] Akonadi mail check bug

GEO kdeuser56 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 17:03:31 GMT 2014

On Friday, March 14, 2014 05:25:11 PM Kevin Krammer wrote:
> Ok, was just a guess because I have that checked (always was). And I launch
> KMail (or contact) manually, so I start with disabled resources when I log
> in.
>
> Here it doesn't matter whether I start KMail first or establish network
> first, once both are done resources connect.
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin

Okay I tested it with KDE SC 4.12. (note: only one account, but should not
matter ...)
Here switching on and off works as expected, if k mail has been opened before
(meaning it is no longer open):

http://ubuntuone.com/6NgcfDOC2VhC57UhVlozQZ

But not when Akonadi is auto started using "akonadictl start", the emitted
signals of solid do not matter, as shown in this screencast taken on the same
4.12 system:

http://ubuntuone.com/7FQ9jHcMKNtmjC1YCzvJPS

So to sum up: If akonadi has been started with "akonadictl start" at system
startup and wifi was not connected during akonadi startup, it will not listen
to solid events ...

Very easy to reproduce:

1.) set "akonadictl start" in autostart
2.) logout
3.) turn of wifi
4.) log in
5.) Check if Akonadi Settings are offline
6.) turn on wifi

You will see, akonadi will ignore solid signals. QED.