[Kde-pim] note format

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at gmx.de
Mon Mar 17 11:29:02 GMT 2014

On Mon, 2014-03-17 at 09:41 +0100, Daniel Vrátil wrote:
> On Monday 17 of March 2014 09:33:05 Patrick Ohly wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > I recreated my Akonadi setup for automated testing against
> > SyncEvolution, this time using sqlite and Akonadi 1.7.2. For notes I
> > created something for "Notes" using the akonadiconsole, which can store
> > application/x-vnd.kde.notes.
>
> Hi,
>
> regarding me reply in the other thread a few minutes ago, I was assuming
> Akonadi >= 1.11.0 and kdepimlibs >= 4.12. Please note that 1.7.2 is ancient
> and you might run into unexpected problems.

It's what is shipping in Debian Stable (= Wheezy). Are you telling me
that I should stop supporting that?

> > SyncEvolution looks for text/x-vnd.akonadi.note ("akonadi" instead of
> > "kde"). This goes back to the original commit from Dinesh back in 2011.
> > Has the mimetype perhaps been renamed?
> >
> > Or is application/x-vnd.kde.notes a different format? Which one, and
> > where can I find the documentation for it? Is text/x-vnd.akonadi.note
> > still relevant?
>
> Looking into current 4.13 branch, I only see text/x-vnd.akonadi.note
> everywhere. Where exactly did you find the kde mimetype?

akonadiconsole is listing it as "Mimetypes" under "Details" for the
"Notes" resource on Debian Stable, using Akonadi 1.7.2.

When I copy the XDG dirs from Debian Stable to Debian Testing with
1.11.0, SyncEvolution is not finding the resource either when searching
for text/x-vnd.akonadi.note. To me it looks like it still has the
application/x-vnd.kde.notes content type, however, it is a bit harder to
check because akonadiconsole does not run in my Debian Testing
environment (no X).

Looking further on Debian Stable I found the string in kdepim-runtime:

$ for i in `dpkg -L kdepim-runtime`; do if strings -a $i | grep -q
kde.notes; then echo $i; fi; done
/usr/share/akonadi/agents/notesresource.desktop
/usr/share/kde4/apps/akonadi/plugins/serializer/akonadi_serializer_kcalcore.desktop
/usr/share/kde4/apps/akonadi/plugins/serializer/akonadi_serializer_kcal.desktop
/usr/share/mime/packages/kdepim-mime.xml
/usr/bin/akonadi_notes_resource

This is KDE 4.4.11. The mimetype is the same with KDE 4.11.3 in Testing,
although the files are different.

So the question still stands: is application/x-vnd.kde.notes the new (?)
type for notes, and what is the content?

Bye, Patrick