[Kde-pim] Needed to Get Events for Particular facebook contact

Christian Mollekopf chrigi_1 at fastmail.fm
Tue Jun 17 08:00:17 BST 2014

On Monday 16 June 2014 19.19:49 Daniel Vrátil wrote:
> On Monday 16 of June 2014 18:50:26 Martin Klapetek wrote:
> > On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 6:35 PM, Nilesh suthar <nil.15111993 at gmail.com>
> >
> > wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > >  I need to get events for particular facebook contact.
> >
> > More precisely - get any calendar events for given contact's akonadi id :)
>
> I think currently the only way is to have this "relation" indexed by Baloo
> and then using Akonadi::ItemSearchJob to query it.
>
> We (well, Christian ;-) would like to have something similar available
> directly in Akonadi at some point (a generic item-item relation storage),
> but that's 4.15/KF5 topic.

I'm not certain relations would be a suitable usecase for relations though.
This usecase is IMO best solved by indexing the required information, so it's
available from baloo or alike. I think the usecase could align with the range-
queries where we need indexed information about start and end date of an
event. We'll probably want an SQL based cache and not a fulltext index for
this.

Relations I don't see as a cache of existing information, but rather as a way
to relate items that we couldn't otherwise, such as a note to a mail.

Cheers,
Christian