[Kde-pim] KHolidays regions

John Layt jlayt at kde.org
Mon Jun 23 17:08:02 BST 2014

On 23 June 2014 04:22, Justin Eberlein <jmeberlein at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've started writing the religious holiday files.  Or at least I have
> holiday_xx_en_protestant made.  A few questions:
>
> 1) How does file sharing work on the mailing list?  I'm still new.

If the changes are just a couple of lines, then just copy-n-paste them
in the message.  Anything bigger than please open a feature request in
bugs.kde.org using the link below [1].

> 2) If I write files in English, can someone else handle localization?

Yes, get all the files you want submitted in English, then we can tell
the translators that they exist.  Unfortunately we're not integareted
in the automatic translation system, someone has to manually create
the new file, but is some ways that's better as it usually means you
have a local compiling the file who understands better what's
appropriate for that country.

> 3) Is julian a valid calendar name currently?

Yes, julian is valid

> 4) If there's a Hebrew calendar implemented, what name is it under?

Yes, in fact here's the full list:

gregorian
julian
coptic
ethiopian
hebrew
hijri    [Islamic Civil]
indiannational
jalali    [Persian]

Unfortunately we don't have Chinese or Hindi or Islamic lunar calendar support.

Note when defining rules in an alternative calendar system you need to
use the proper month names as defined from line 155 in [2].  Things do
get tricky in the Hebrew calendar with leap months, ask if you need
any help.

Cheers!

John.

[1] https://bugs.kde.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=kdepimlibs&component=kholidays&format=guided