[Kde-pim] [GSOC] AkonadiClient Progress

Bhaskar Kandiyal bkandiyal at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 19:57:44 BST 2014

Hi :)

Just a quick mail to let everyone know about the progress of the
AkonadiClient GSoC Project.

As of now I have finished implementing the basic filesystem as well as
data commands as documented at [1].

The only thing left is writing unit tests for which I am currently going
through this excellent wiki page [2] which has tutorials on writing unit
tests using QtTestLib framework.

Having a separate (temporary?) collection and items for running test
cases would be beneficial so as to not make changes to actual user data.
Since only resources are allowed to create top-level collections afaik,
is there a way to create a temporary collection, run test cases on it
and then delete it once done?

PS: I initially wanted to send two patches, one for all filesystem
commands and another for all data commands once I finished all of them
but now it looks like it will be a pain to review multiple commands in
the same patch, so I will send a review request for each command
separately, apologies for the delay :)

[1] -
https://docs.google.com/document/d/16MrsQKx7YjfzgPb41r2j8_lSQhZqq2UsEXXpcKyh26s/edit

[2] - http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Unittests