[Kde-pim] New Search in KMail

Heiko Tietze heiko.tietze at user-prompt.com
Fri Jun 13 12:55:14 BST 2014

The usability team drafted recently a guideline on search and filter with the
aim to harmonize these features. The idea is to separate the filter operation
from highlighting of text and the search in terms of creating a result list.
It should be clear to users how to initiate the function (same short-cut, same
position of controls) and how to operate it - in any KDE tool.

As a proof of concept we chose KMail and scribbled an alternative
layout/workflow that complies with this idea. I'd like to ask you to join the
discussion.

http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=285&t=121598