[Kde-pim] KHolidays regions

Justin Eberlein jmeberlein at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 22:35:15 BST 2014

Okay, I'm finally getting around to writing the files.  The plan as it
currently stands is to make universal Jewish and Islamic files, a universal
Christian file with *just *Christmas and Easter (for those who see even
things like the Ascension or Pentecost as "too Catholic"), a universal
Protestant file with more holidays (not sure if I'll overlap), and Catholic
files by country, to account for holidays that move around.  (For instance,
part of the world celebrates the Ascension on the 39th day after Easter,
while part of the world moves it to the following Sunday)  There will also
be Orthodox files, but I'm still looking into how granular I want to be
there.  As it stands, I'm already uncertain of how granular I need to be
with the Catholic Church.  I know there are 23 Churches, of which the Roman
Church is only one, but I don't know how similar their liturgical calendars
are.

And if it's fine with the team, I'll just write all the files in English,
and let other people translate them into whatever languages are necessary.

--Justin