[Kde-pim] vCard or Vcard (last commits)

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Thu Jul 17 17:22:21 BST 2014

On Thursday 17 July 2014 18:08:23 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Thursday, 2014-07-17, 18:59:56, Yuri Chornoivan wrote:
> > написане Thu, 17 Jul 2014 18:37:26 +0300, Antoni Bella Pérez
> >
> > <antonibella5 at yahoo.com>:
> > >   Hello
> > >
> > >   I think it should be vCard. What do you think?
> > >
> > > kdepim/kaddressbook.po:"*.vcf|Vcard (*.vcf)\n"
> > > kdepim/libmessagecomposer.po:msgid "Attach Own Vcard"
> > > kdepim/libmessagecomposer.po:msgid "Own Vcard"
> > > kdepim/kmail.po:"*.vcf|Vcard (*.vcf)\n"
> > >
> > >   Regards
> > >   Toni
> >
> > Hi,,
> >
> > RFC 6868 tells it should be vCard.
> >
> > https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6868
>
> Indeed, I'd say just change it, commit and push to the stable branch
> (whatever you are currently using as the base for translations).

I'm wondering whether avoiding the technical term "vCard" altogether (at
least in the two libmessagecomposer messages) would be more user
friendly, e.g. by using "Attach Own Contact Information" (or some other
paraphrase for "vCard" that normal users would understand more easily).

But I guess that's something for the Frameworks 5 port.

Regards,
Ingo