[Kde-pim] IMAP better

Martin Steigerwald ms at teamix.de
Wed Jul 9 15:10:29 BST 2014

Hi!

Just a feedback:

I use Akonadi, kdepimlibs, kdepim-runtime and kdepim from Git master with
a Dovecot IMAP privately – additionally as test, main setup is still POP3
– and a Exchange IMAP at work.

Especially IMAP with Exchange which can be challenging as I heard due to
Exchange IMAP missing features which are important for performance got
*lots* better. I still have wait times, but unlike before, KMail usually
displays mail after a while, often within a range I find acceptable enough.
Actually it went from being unusable most of the time to actually being
usable which is why I didn´t even log in to Outlook Web Access so far.

I´d say this is since about one or two weeks, but I do not remember
exactly since when.

With Dovecot it appears to be nicer as well, also with Dovecot it was way
better from the start – which doesn´t really surprise me.

This is nice.

Thank you.

Another this is nice: Laurent, thank you for Sieve editor. This works
really well with Dovecot managesieve. I think once I integrated dovecot-
antispam plugin with CRM114 into my mailserver setup, I may migrate from
POP3 to IMAP.

Ciao,
Martin

--
Martin Steigerwald
Consultant / Trainer

teamix GmbH
Südwestpark 43
90449 Nürnberg

fon:  +49 911 30999 55
fax:  +49 911 30999 99
mail: martin.steigerwald at teamix.de
web:  http://www.teamix.de
blog: http://blog.teamix.de

Amtsgericht Nürnberg, HRB 18320
Geschäftsführer: Oliver Kügow, Richard Müller

** JETZT ANMELDEN – teamix TechDemo - 23.07.2014 - http://www.teamix.de/techdemo **