[Kde-pim] Baloo Status

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Mon Jan 20 16:16:06 GMT 2014

Hey guys

We just have 5 weeks till the feature freeze, and we still have a lot of work
to be done to remove Nepomuk completely. Plus we could use a lot of testing.

Most of the tasks seem to have fallen to Dan, and maybe we should help him out
if we want this to happen in time for 4.13.

Here is what needs to be done -

1. Server side searching - Dan is working on this. I'm not sure what all needs
to be done. Dan can fill us in :)

2. Server Side tagging - Dan did a proof of concept implementation at the pim
sprint, but it still needs a lot of work. Again, Dan can fill us in and we can
start helping him.

3. Email Notes - Currently email notes are stored in Nepomuk. We should
probably store this as an attribute in Akonadi. Any volunteers?

4. Porting MailCommon Search to Baloo - I've done most of this but it has not
been tested at all. I thought I'd wait for (1), but I should start testing it.

5. Porting the ContactSearchJob - Baloo uses a JSON based language. The
ContactSearchJob has a lot of SPARQL queries. These should be replaced with
json which Baloo understands. It's a simple task, but it needs to be done. Any
takers?

--
Vishesh Handa