[Kde-pim] Coding style: block braces in switch cases

Kevin Funk krf at gmx.de
Mon Jan 13 17:35:57 GMT 2014

Am Montag, 13. Januar 2014, 17:05:04 schrieb Kevin Krammer:
> Hi all,
>
> at KDE PIM we are cleaning up our code base from over a decade of different
> coding styles. Well, "we" means Guy Maurel, he does all the actual work :)

By the way, while we're at it.

As much as I like Guy's review-requests to enforce the coding style -- Can we
make sure we don't spam the kde-pim mailing list too much with mails from
reviewboard dealing with coding style fixes in individual files?

I've always been following the kde-pim mailing list, but currently this is
getting quite painful because all of the "noise" caused by the reviewboard
system.

So there are obviously a few possible solutions to *this* particular issue
regarding "cosmetic changes":
- Attempt to file review-requests for more than just a single file
  (E.g. for complete subdirs, or modules, whatever). (That'd already be good.)
- Commit these kind of changes directly? Not sure if that's desired, though.
- Me setting up a local filter for mails containing subject "Coding Style" :)

> (snip)
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin

Please note: I don't want to carp at anyone's work or whatever -- you're doing
a great job, just wondering if we could "improve" the process a bit.

Cheers

--
Kevin Funk