[Kde-pim] Double quotes in Comment field for Akonadi agents/resources are required

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Wed Jan 15 19:39:21 GMT 2014

On Tuesday, 2014-01-14, 23:35:36, Alexander Potashev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Many KDE translators run into the following trap in how Akonadi plugin
> loader interprets fields in .desktop files.
>
> When there is a comma in the value for Name of Comment field, then it
> has to be enclosed in double quotes. Otherwise the string is
> considered invalid and is not shown in the UI (the parser probably
> thinks it's a comma-separated list).

It does indeed.

> (This is why I'm CCing kde-pim)
> May be the problem can be fixed in the code, because Comment fields
> with commas in .desktop files for KCM modules do not require quotes.

Most likely an unforseen consequence of not using the usual KDE classes but
somewhat similar Qt classes.
Looks like we need a proper desktop file parser instead of QSettings.

Can you file a bug report? Product Akonadi, component "server"

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring