[Kde-pim] Baloo Status

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Tue Jan 21 12:26:28 GMT 2014

On Tuesday 21 January 2014 06:33:11 Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Jan 2014 05:16:06 PM Vishesh Handa wrote:
> > We just have 5 weeks till the feature freeze, and we still have a lot of
> > work  to be done to remove Nepomuk completely. Plus we could use a lot of
> > testing.
>
> Have you link to somewhere (a wiki?) detailing how to build and use baloo
> with akonadi rather than nepomuk?

Not yet.

For now, just clone kde:baloo, install it, and use the feature/baloo branch
from kdepim. That's all there is.

Here is what should work -

1. Contact Auto completion
2. Message filtering via KMail's "Search Bar" when browsing a collection

You can also additionally search for emails via "Milou" or via

$ baloosearch -e "Some words"

--
Vishesh Handa