[Kde-pim] Unable to start kcmshell5 * after succesfully building KF5

Shivam Makkar amourphious1992 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 08:25:39 GMT 2014

Hello

I've just build the KF5 using instructions given on techbase using
build-kdesrc script.
the build was successful but I'm unable to run kcmshell5 *.

when I execute command an empty dialog box appears as attached with mail.

and it gives error :

"Couldn't start kded5 from org.kde.kded5.service:
QDBusError("org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown", "The name
org.kde.kded5 was not provided by any .service files")
Trying to open ksycoca from "/home/amourphious/.cache5/ksycoca5"
"Theme tree: (Oxygen)""

also command kbuildsycoca5 gives output :

kbuildsycoca5 running...
Trying to open ksycoca from "/home/amourphious/.cache5/ksycoca5"
Reusing existing ksycoca
Recreating ksycoca file ("/home/amourphious/.cache5/ksycoca5", version 230)
The desktop entry file  "plasma-wallpaper.desktop"  has Type= "ServiceType"
 instead of "Application" or "Service"
Invalid Service :  "plasma-wallpaper.desktop"
Still in the time dict (i.e. deleted files) ("apps")
Menu "applications-kmenuedit.menu" not found.
Saving
Emitting notifyDatabaseChanged ("apps")

any ideas about how to get it to work ?

--