[Kde-pim] Double quotes in Comment field for Akonadi agents/resources are required

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed Jan 15 21:31:23 GMT 2014

El Dimecres, 15 de gener de 2014, a les 20:39:21, Kevin Krammer va escriure:
> On Tuesday, 2014-01-14, 23:35:36, Alexander Potashev wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Many KDE translators run into the following trap in how Akonadi plugin
> > loader interprets fields in .desktop files.
> >
> > When there is a comma in the value for Name of Comment field, then it
> > has to be enclosed in double quotes. Otherwise the string is
> > considered invalid and is not shown in the UI (the parser probably
> > thinks it's a comma-separated list).
>
> It does indeed.
>
> > (This is why I'm CCing kde-pim)
> > May be the problem can be fixed in the code, because Comment fields
> > with commas in .desktop files for KCM modules do not require quotes.
>
> Most likely an unforseen consequence of not using the usual KDE classes but
> somewhat similar Qt classes.
> Looks like we need a proper desktop file parser instead of QSettings.
>
> Can you file a bug report? Product Akonadi, component "server"

As discussed on the #kontact irc it'd be great if someone can you check if
qsettings like comments in .desktop files, i.e. a line like
# ctxt: (keep-ascii-quoted) The outer ASCII quotes must be kept, they are not
seen by the user.
so that we can add it to inform the users and also use the keyword keep-ascii-
quoted so that our automatic tools go through the messages and complain for
those that are not correct.

So if someone can do that testing cool. If not it should go into a bug with
all this info.

Cheers,
  Albert