[Kde-pim] QtQuick ToDo API / Plasmoid

Mark Gaiser markg85 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 15:12:54 GMT 2014

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 3:27 PM, Heena Mahour <heena393 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Yes, it would be nice to Kontact Touch Task to the API too .Besides , in
> todo API , I planned of implementing updating,modifying and deleting todo
> too .I am not sure though now, if it is big enough for gsoc ?

This is what i would call big enough for GSoC based on my experience
in making the components as they are there right now.

GSoC QtQuick ToDo API / Plasmoid
- Fetch all todo items (one line change)
- New dedicated C++ classes for Todo handling. Those would be just
helpers for QML. [1]
- Todo Add support including the possible properties [2]
- Todo Update support including the possible properties [2]
- Todo delete support
- A Qt4 based plasmoid (or kontact touch) showoff case demonstrating
Todo items along with adding new ones, deleting and updating existing
ones.

[1] You would need some abstract general way of creating new todo
items, deleting them or updating them.
I did start functionality like that and was able to modify a few
events (not todo!) but never continued it for full support. You can
find that code here:
http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=kdepim-runtime.git&a=blob&h=7f4100dce0fabe635308a1bfa63e33599f91c636&hb=99c92d91012c431ad364c9840cf7e7fad6cb3585&f=qml%2Fcalendar%2Fincidencemodifier.cpp
It is very hackish and should _not_ be extended as "the way to go".
This is probably the most difficult thing to make because there are a
few different ways to do such things. I've started a discussion about
different possibilities for exactly that a while ago on this list:
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-pim&m=137484240630364&w=2 If you make this
it should be aimed at being usable for Todo, Event, Journal.. They all
share the same base properties that you can find in Incidence thus
you'd probably end up with a structure like:
class Incidence: public QObject {
  ... base properties
}

class Todo : public Incidence {
  ... todo specific properties
}

class Event : public Incidence {
  ... event specific properties
}

That will take you quite a while to implement.

[2] http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/kdepimlibs-apidocs/kcalcore/html/classKCalCore_1_1Todo.html