[Kde-pim] libkgapi2 Link errors builibd kdepim

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Wed Feb 19 21:42:03 GMT 2014

On Thursday, 2014-02-20, 07:07:15, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Feb 2014 03:21:49 PM Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > Try running
> > make VERBOSE=1
> >
> > That should show you the linker call being used. It could be a matter of
> > ordering, although that usually only matters with static libs.
>
> Thanks Kevinn. This is the link line where it all goes pear shaped.

This looks extremely unrelated to the Google API library.
So it is likely that the actual issue lies elswhere and only surfaces at this
point.

The error says that
/home/lindsay/Projects/akonadi/kdepim/build/lib/libpimcommon.so.4 is missing
some of the symbols it expects.

Hmm, sorry, I am afraid I have no idea, but maybe someone else does.

If you don't need the Google Drive feature, whatever that is in pimcommon, my
suggestion would be to make sure the kgapi development package is not
installed (so it can be found by CMake, remove CMakeCache.txt and run build
again. Maybe even do a clean build, e.g. remove build dir

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring