[Kde-pim] How can I make Akonadi sync events ?

Martin Koller kollix at aon.at
Sat Feb 15 20:28:03 GMT 2014

On Saturday 15 February 2014 14:04:41 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Saturday, 2014-02-15, 13:35:10, Martin Koller wrote:
> > As my previous mail "akonadi NULL remoteId ... ever set != NULL ?" went
> > unanswered, I try to rephrase the question:
> >
> > I add an event into my calender (owncloude DAV resource) at a time where my
> > owncloud server is not reachable (In my case I have e.g. my VPN tunnel
> > open).
> >
> > When does which part of the Akonadi stack send this event to the owncloud
> > server or what do I have to do to force it to send this event to the server
> > ?
>
> When you add an item to Akonadi, it will notify the resource that owns the
> collection, i.e. the resource gets a call to itemAdded()

Ok, so this would be the DAV groupware resources in this case

> or to its change recorder if offline.

Define "offline", please.
In the described case, I'm not completely offline, since I'm connected via VPN over the iternet
with my company network. Still, I can not reach the owncloud server in my local network here at home due to the VPN tunnel.
Or I had it the other way round: I use the Laptop inside the office network when I'm physically working
in the office location and not at home, where I'm also connected to the internet but I have no access to my
owncloud server at home.
Is this situation "offline" for the DAV resource and will it store it in the change recorded
(Note: I have no knowledge yet how the change recorder thingy works or what it is at all)

> The resource then needs to process that add and assign a remoteId.

ok, so this involves contacting the owncloud server, which does not work now.
Will this mean, the creation will be put into the change recorder queue and should be retried later ?

> You seem to have run into a situation where the resource processed the item
> add but did not assign a remote id.

yes, that seems so.
I assume this is a bug in the DAV resource then ?
checking very briefly the code, DavGroupwareResource::onItemAddedFinished() just does cancelTask() and returns in case of an error.
(I do hope that I get an error in this situation)
But then, changeCommitted() is not called. Shall the entry then somehow stay in the change recorders queue ?
(Where is that change recorder queue technically stored ? local RAM, the Akonadi DB, can I have a look what's
inside that queue ?)

> I don't think Akonadi will try to add it again, but what you can try is to
> move it to a different collection on a different resource and then move it
> back or create a copy in the same collection.

How can I move an event in korganizer from one collection into another one
(something I was looking for already) ?
The "calendar" combo box is always greyed out.

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin
A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion