[Kde-pim] IRC meeting notes

John Layt jlayt at kde.org
Mon Dec 1 19:52:24 GMT 2014

On 1 December 2014 at 19:38, Martin Klapetek <martin.klapetek at gmail.com> wrote:

> It ain't /that/ hard, the bump is the ICalTimezone stuff as that's using
> KTimeZone/KTimeZoneBackend/KTimeZoneData and it's quite complex itself.

I've just bumped into that :-) Still tryign to understand why it does
that, but it does look the main issue. While Qt internally has the
option of using different backends, we could only do that if we used
the private headers. I do keep the internal api very stable, but I'm
not sure if we'd really want to do it. I could try get ICal format
support directly into Qt, but I'm not sure Thiago would go for that.

> I'm happy to give a hand here ;)

Do you have a branch started somewhere with the mechanical changes?
Otherwise I was about to start doing  bunch of s/KDateTime/QDateTime
to see what else breaks :-)

John.