[Kde-pim] akonadinext update: entity processing pipelines in resources

Sandro Knauß mail at sandroknauss.de
Wed Dec 17 17:19:19 GMT 2014

Hey,

> > * a hypothetical filter that extracts invitations or attachments from
> > mails
>
> I can also conjure a hypothetical scenario, this is uninteresting here.

Baloo actually understands inviations attached to emails and indexes them
correctly as invitations. So not that hypothetical like it sounds :)

>Everything read-only is easy to parallelize:
Read-only is great - never change the mail after it enters kmail will solve a
couple of bad signatures bugs :) But keep in mind that every spam detector I
know changes the mail aka adds header fields. So I think we have to differ
between:
* filter that do not change anything
* filter that add/change header fields (indexer want to index these new
headers too)
* filter that changes the content
* filter that move things
* maybe many filters only act on special headers, so filters should gives this
information to the filtering process

Regards,

sandro