[Kde-pim] akonadinext update: entity processing pipelines in resources

Sandro Knauß mail at sandroknauss.de
Thu Dec 18 20:38:18 GMT 2014

Hey,

> I don't think we need to add mail specifics to the filters, something like
> this should be enough:

yes for sure no mail specific parts inside the design. But at least make sure
that, preprocessors can express if they change the data or not. Because if
every preprocessor, that changes data is done, the client can get the
notification. All not changing preprocessors can run afterwards (full text
search, extracting attachments,...)

>We could also add a filter that runs the spam detection, but then throws the
modified mail away, only extracting the flags we need. Unless there is a
reason we do want this as actual headers in the mail.

Yes we could, but maybe the user wnats these kinds of aditional header in his
mail. The point is here that there is not that easy "chain" to process

* depending on the spam level I want to move mails around
* depending on the spam level mark the mail as read / as junk

if now run all moving filters all before the spamdetection preprocessor, this
one also needs to implement the moving logic (doubling code sucks).

In the end the user must have the possibility to define it own chain of
preprocessors (for moving and chaninging preprocessors).

All non changing preprocessors are safe to run in parallel and or after the
client is informed about this niew content.

Regads,

sandro