[Kde-pim] configuration in akonadi-next

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 10:25:34 GMT 2014

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 11:11 AM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:

> On Wednesday, December 17, 2014 09.56:14 Martin Klapetek wrote:
> > On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 8:30 PM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> > That is moreless how KAccounts works these days.
>
> Indeed, and KAccounts makes sense for resources that represent an account.
> Some resources are just local resources, like an iCal file. We *could*, I
> suppose, also put those into KAccounts though that seems a little strange
> me. What's your opinion on that?

In the idea of "one UI to rule them all" I think it should go there, even
though semantically
a bit incorrect. The "account" can be named "Calendar (local file)" or
something.
It also depends on how is KAccounts named for users, if it's "Accounts and
that other stuff"
as opposed to say "Online accounts", it would be fine I think.

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer