[Kde-pim] which akonadi is safe to use with KDEPIM 4.14.x? and some other things

Martin Steigerwald Martin at lichtvoll.de
Wed Dec 3 12:50:26 GMT 2014

Am Mittwoch, 3. Dezember 2014, 12:10:15 schrieb Sandro Knauß:
> Hey,
>
> > ned some optimizations in the kolab branches. I actually
> > don't know where these branches can be found - Christian, can you tell
> > something about that please?
>
> the optimizations from kolab are available github [1]. They are based on top
> of 4.13 and akonadi 1.12 at the moment.
>
> There are multiple optimizations all over kdepim, we focused on imap, kolab
> resource and calendardata. The usecase we tested were 200k collections and
> 10k events.
>
> Please be aware of the incopatibility of baloo 4.13 vs. 4.14. So you need
> our baloo -> you can't run our banches on top of KDE 4.14. Aaron is working
> at a baloo version based on 4.14.

Thats the stuff you made for Munich? :)

Well I will probably wait for official patches in akonadi 1.13 branch. I am
testing this branch now, so far works nice. I have the impression its a bit
faster and also that it uses a bit less CPU on the Akonadi side. I usually
never saw mysql >300% CPU on spikes, and now I do and it seems to me, just
subjectively so far that some tasks are done a bit faster.

Would be interesting to see what the tunings you did in the github repo add on
top of the work of Milian in Akonadi 1.13 branch.